Thursday, July 24, 2003

I need to blog because all of the things floating around in my head are going to die unless I let them out somehow. That's the charter for this blog, and if it sounds conceited you shouldn't be terribly surprised because all blogging has a tendency to be. Why should you care? Damned if I know, but it can be interesting, no? Truly interesting blog entries are rare indeed, but every once in a while something pops out that's real and true and the outlet has to exist when those thoughts happen or they die. Or worse, they get old. Old thoughts are like yesterday's lunch; once the cud has been chewed over, it's time to move on.

Why make a persistent record of old thoughts then? I figure that once they've been written I don't have to keep chewing on them anymore.

No comments: